Frequently Asked Questions
At Huggins & Maxwell, Attorneys at Law we understand how complicated and uncertain the entire personal injury recovery process can seem. Fortunately, that is why we are here. We provided answers below to some of our most frequently asked personal injury questions, which you are welcome to consult at your convenience. To discuss your specific concerns regarding Las Vegas personal injury recovery, contact our office to schedule a free, no obligation consultation.
- How soon after an injury causing accident should I consult an attorney? The best approach is to consult an attorney right away. Insurance companies begin requesting statements and making low-ball settlement offers shortly after your injury. Not to mention, the window of opportunity to file a lawsuit for your injury recovery is limited by a statute of limitations. Huggins & Maxwell makes sure that you are not settling for less than you deserve and that your right to sue is not lost.
- What is the statute of limitations in Nevada? The statute of limitations for personal injury and medical malpractice claims are very short. Nevada’s statute of limitations for medical malpractice claims was recently shortened to one year. Contact Huggins & Maxwell to learn how the statute of limitations affects your injury claim, including the date on which it began to run.
- What is a contingency fee? A contingency fee is an arrangement wherein payment to an attorney is contingent on the outcome of a case. In other words, the attorney only collects a fee if compensation is recovered through settlement or judgment. The fee is usually a percentage of the amount recovered.
- What should I look for in a lawyer? The first quality to look for is experience. The insurance company and defense attorneys opposing your claim do this work on a daily basis. You are probably better off with an attorney whose practice consists largely of personal injury litigation. The other quality to watch for is reliability. You want an attorney who involves you in your own case and keeps you up to date with any new developments.
- Do you charge for an initial consultation? Huggins & Maxwell does not charge for initial consultations. The initial consultation is an opportunity to learn about your legal rights as a personal injury victim. Your initial consultation is always free with us.
Speak with a Trusted Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorney
Contact Huggins & Maxwell, Attorneys at Law today for a free, no obligation consultation regarding your personal injury case.